Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Straight From The Hip.

Tally-ho, Void! I have a label project for my Intro to Jewish Museums class and am looking for objects to write about. I was vacillating between choosing something new and exciting or sticking with old favorites (e.g. Jenny Holzer, Kiki Smith, Kara Walker). I turned my professor on to Andrea Zittel and Theo Jansen, which is enough to make me annoyingly effervescent for the rest of the day. My favorite thing in the world is getting people to jump on my bandwagon. I'd say "If only I could figure out how to get paid for doing that..." but I think I may be on a roll.

I might be doing a fundraising project with the New Center for Arts and Culture. Hopefully next spring I can enroll in that Fundraising and Philanthropy class, because there is someone who teaches that at my school. It's been a fairly spectacular week so far, what with my training at ICA Boston beginning this Friday, etcetera.

Hm. Maybe this?

"Lori Nix photographs epic scenes of destruction and grandeur, natural wonders and glittering metropolises, magnificent architecture and heroic landscapes that all have one thing in common: they're all fake." (LINK)

Okay, so I am all about the "wow" factor, but face it, no one these days bats an eyelash when you hit them with the subtlety stick. Besides, what better way to entrance people who think they live in a movie than with art that looks like a movie?

There's a Museum of My Dreams mission statement waiting to happen in this post, but I've got no time to edit or deliberate. Twenty minutes until my next class.

EDIT:

OR Miwa Yanagi? "My Grandmothers" series.

OR Daniel Rozin.

No comments: