Thursday, April 12, 2007

All Systems Go!

FLIIPS Shibuya, Kozyndan



"Full fathom five thy father lies;

Of his bones are coral made;

Those are pearls that were his eyes:

Nothing of him that doth fade,

But doth suffer a sea-change

Into something rich and strange.

Sea-nymphs hourly ring his knell:

Ding-dong.

Hark! now I hear them—Ding-dong, bell. "

-- The Tempest, William Shakespeare



What premium multipurpose is:

A public notebook. Lists of things that click with lots of attribution. An art/media/design resource. A place where people can watch me think and work, if they are so inclined. An attempt to map my train of thought so that I can finally, coherently explain to people what exactly it is I'm trying to do in the world.

What premium multipurpose is not:

A freakin' diary. To prove it (besides not talking about what I ate for lunch), I am using Capital Letters, editing, and avoiding gratuitous use of the ampersand. There may be an anecdote clause and a personal essay clause. Who knows? Like all pet projects, it is bound to take on a life of its own after a while.

No comments: